Roman Countryside

Roman Countryside

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Part 3: O Pizza

That night Sandro and I both took to the face a pizza each. I destroyed an entire pizza…my God what has come over me? It was delicious, thin and crispy with not too much sauce but plentiful cheese. And on top was a perfect spiral of Anchovies, which are very delicious and very salty. The cats loved it too. When we finished eating we went into town and had a second dinner at his friends house. We sat outside on their terrace which overlooks the entire valley and the mountains beyond. It was a beautiful night and we ate a rice dish, bread, watermelon and cake under the twinkling stars. We sat there for hours talking (me mostly trying to listen) and watching the bats swoop across the sky. On Sunday we set up a tent at the local market and sold onions, zucchini, figs, zucchini flowers and lettuce…o and fresh eggs. Sandro tried to convince me to eat raw eggs with him (he says it’s a good energy boost). I loved trying to talk to the customers saying buon giorno and ciao and the occasional how are you or what would you like today? I’m actually struggling to remember what we did Sunday night…wow my memory is failing me, O no I remember! On Sunday we went to a small music festival in Fara where sat on bench lined streets, sipping rum and grippa. For dinner we went to a nearby resturaunt and I have to say it was the worst service ever! It was the first time in Italy that I had to wait more than 15 minutes for my food, so this resturaunt was surely out of the loop when it took them two hours to bring me a friggin pizza. I would say it was worth the wait, but no, this was a completely average pizza.

Ok Im gonna run for now, Sandro just got back so Ill write later tonight…promise!

No comments:

Post a Comment